Monday, June 18, 2012

Serial Hottie - Kelly Oram


I met Kelly Oram* three years ago online, through a community forum on nanowrimo.com. A few of us in our area decided to get together for Nation Novel Writing Month (November), and throw ideas around at one another. The location we settled on was a quaint little cafe, and once we showed up, it was a bit amusing to have Kelly as the only adult among three or four teenagers. However, that didn't deter us from getting along and having a blast.

At that time, Kelly was writing her book Being Jamie Baker which was published less than a year later. Being Jamie Baker is, so far, the only book of Kelly's that I have read. Despite the fact that teenagers with superpowers and teenage romance novels were not quite my taste in books, I gave it a shot (never judge a book by its cover, yeah? The cover was pink, btw. I loathe pink.) I was glad to have read the book, because it was an exceedingly interesting read and not at all how I had expected it to be.

Now, Kelly is having a new book published, Serial Hottie, which is expected to be released on July 10th of this year. Here is the summary for the book, taken from Goodreads: 

"Ellie’s sweet sixteen is a summer of firsts. First car. First kiss. First boyfriend. First serial-killing stalker?

Hockey-obsessed tomboy Eleanor Westley has never been the object of a guy’s affection before. So when the hottest boy she’s ever seen moves in across the street and starts treating her like she’s the center of his universe, naturally she’s going to be a little skeptical. But everything starts to make sense when girls who look just like Ellie start dying all around the city. Obviously the new guy is the killer, and of course he only likes her because he wants to slice her into tiny pieces. Right?

The more Ellie gets to know Seth the more she’s convinced he’s a psychopathic killer. The problem is he’s the sweetest psychopathic killer she’s ever met. Not to mention he’s brutally hot. No matter how hard she tries, she can’t help but fall for him. Will Ellie find true love, or will her summer of firsts turn out to be a summer of lasts?"

I am eagerly anticipating the release of the book and am positive that this book will be just as marvelous as the others that Kelly has written.

-Pyro

*You can find Kelly on Goodreads and at her own site.

No comments: